You have the gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one of them to say "thank you?" ~William A. WardA blessing, (also used to refer to bestowing of such) is the infusion of something with holiness, divine will, or one's hope or approval. We all have something to be grateful for. Look at your blessing and be grateful for them and your blessings will increase.
1. If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who won't survive the week.
2. If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 20 million people around the world.
3. If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of this world.
4. If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace, you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.
5. If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful, you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.
6. If you can hold someone's hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder, you are blessed because you can offer a healing touch
7. If you can read this message, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read anything at all.
Have a good day, count your blessings !
Adapted from: Stephen Eardley, "Reconnections & New Directions" 2003 Conference, Lester B. Pearson College; Image Courtesy: mulmatsherm